The Floating Mountain That Inspired Avatar by Beverly K. Copen - Draped Kimono
Made to order - expect 3.5 to 4 weeks from the time you order to the time you receive this garment.
About the Draped Kimono
Beautiful photography and design are paired with the comfort and style of a draped kimono. Wear it loose and flowing or tie it at your waist. Add fringe just for fun. Perfect for dress-up, dressy-casual, or casual wear, or just lounging at home!
Available in chiffon fabric. This will provide a sheer effect so you won't see the white as it is shown in the photos:
• Made from lightweight chiffon fabric, 100% polyester
• Every draped kimono is printed and sewn by hand in a small shop in Canada.
• Machine rolled edge hems
• Can be made with or without a 4” inch fringe
• Kimonos with fringe should be hand washed in cold water with a mild phosphate detergent, rinse and hang to dry, avoid washing fringe, and do not bleach
• Kimonos without fringe can be machine washed in cold water with a mild phosphate detergent, and hang to dry, do not bleach
The design is from a photograph taken by award-winning photographer, Beverly K. Copen. Here’s her story about the photo:
The Mountain that Inspired Avatar
The “floating mountains” in the great film, Avatar, were enchanting to me. I had to find out where in China they were. I did find out from a friend who happened to post a photo on social media. Then came the wait. There were no Chinese travel tour companies that went to that location. Patience. Ummm. Then one day, there was. It was the first time they had gone to the Yellow Mountain, Huangshan mountain, and I signed up immediately. One great longtime gal friend went with me. I cherished every long hike to get to see the many sites. It was, indeed, breathtaking. While I came back with more than 3,000 photo images, this, was one of my favorites.
See her entire collection of artsy stuff for more stunning designs.
There are no photos of the options with fringe. I've included a sample image to give you an idea of what it will look like.
Made to Order
• Every draped kimono is made to order and sewn by hand. We have a "no returns" policy. Please check the sizing before ordering. If you have problems with your order, please reach out via the Contact page.
S/M - up to 37" Bust, the measurement from the back next to bottom hem = 23"
L/XL - over 37" Bust, the measurement from the back next to bottom hem = 25"
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Please refer to our shop policies. See link in the footer.
This draped Kimono is a lightweight, sheer beautiful ”throw” to toss over your shoulders to dress up slacks or jeans. Exquisite illustration of The Yellow Mountain in China on it. Pack and take it everywhere.
On orders of $150 and over.
Your order is made especially for you after you place your order. Please refer to the sizing charts carefully to make sure you order the correct size. If you have a problem with your order, please contact us.
You are unique!
It requires courage to step out of the crowd boldly showing our true colors. Each of us is unique. And yet, for some strange reason, so many people believe they need to hide in the forest of blah beige, gray, and black. Blaze forward, artsy one. We need your colorful character to shine!